If you are interested in volunteering, please read below.
Thank you so much for volunteering to help in some capacity at St. Laurence Catholic Church. We truly appreciate your commitment to our parish! Volunteer Interest Application
The Diocese of Rockford requires that all of our volunteers complete the following elements of the Diocesan Safe Environment Program which protects the safety and well-being of all children, young people and vulnerable adults at all times. Please read the instructions carefully. You are not required to print each document to its entirety, simply the page you must sign. If you do not have access to a printer, please contact the Parish Office and the required forms can be provided to you. Forms updated May 2020.
When you have finished, the completed forms should be returned to the Parish Office (565 Standish St., Elgin, IL 60123).
Please follow the steps below to complete all required forms:
Step 1: Please print and complete the attached Introductory Questionnaire for our Parish Records (if you did not submit a request to volunteer on-line):
Step 2: Please read the “St. Laurence Catholic Church Volunteer Instructions for Diocesan Safe Environment Forms” letter containing instructions for reading, printing and signing the appropriate documents. Required documents found below.
- St. Laurence Volunteer Instruction letter
- Print and return Volunteer Document Checklist
- Protecting God‘s Children instruction sheet print certificate of completion VIRTUS OR
- SIGN>> VIRTUS Completion Form
- Guidelines for Those Working with Youth
- SIGN>> Acknowledgement form
- Diocese of Rockford Sexual Misconduct Norms SIGN>> Sexual Misconduct Norms Signature Page
- Code of Pastoral Conduct SIGN>> Code of Pastoral Conduct Signature Page
- Diocesan Code for the Pastoral Use of Technology and Social Media SIGN>> Pastoral Use of Technology – Social Media Signature Page
- SIGN>> DCFS Acknowledgement of Mandated Report Status Signature Page
- Criminal History Information Response Process (CHIRP): SIGN>> Authorization to Conduct Background Check
Step 3: Please return all completed forms to the Parish Office. In addition, please bring the $10 to cover the cost of your Background Check.
Thank you for your time,
St. Laurence Parish Staff