Our mission is to support our families as they guide their children in the Catholic faith.
We have many volunteers who make this program possible. It is our hope that we might guide children and youth to understand how God is present in our everyday lives.
Parish families are invited and encouraged to enroll their children. All parents whose children attend public school should enroll their children in our Parish Religious Education Program (PREP).
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
- Religious Education Information – 2020-2021 Religious Education Information Form
- Registration Form: Religious Education Registration Form – fillable
- Tuition and Billing Form: 2020-2021 Religious Education tuition FILLABLE
- Student Emergency Form: Student and Emergency Contact Info – fillable
- 2020/2021 PREP Calendar: 20 21 Prep calendar
- Parent/Student Handbook: STL – PREP Parent Handbook
- Fill out on-line registration below.
Elementary Religious Education
Classes are offered for Kindergarten through 6th grade during the school year on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
Our Confirmation program is a two (2) year program. Confirmation formation occurs during the Seventh and Eighth grade year. Students attend classes on Sundays during the school year.
In August 2016, we changed our Confirmation program. Both the 7th & 8th grade St. Laurence School students and PREP students began attending Confirmation classes together on Sunday mornings.
We believe this has helped cultivate a stronger community between the school and church, as well as, increase service hour opportunities and increase opportunities to participate in liturgy.
Preparing for the Sacraments
Receiving First Reconciliation
Children generally receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the first time in the Second Grade before their First Communion.
Receiving First Communion
Children generally receive the Sacrament of Eucharist for the first time in the Second Grade. Two years of instruction are required before receiving First Communion.
The Sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated after the completion of our two year Confirmation Program.
Director of Religious Education