St. Laurence is Celebrating 90 Years of Ministry to the Elgin Community
We invite all our neighbors and friends, especially former members of St. Laurence Parish to join us in Celebrating 90 Years of Ministry to the Elgin Community.
When: August 12, 2018 Anniversary Mass: 11AM
Picnic on the church grounds following mass. Come renew old friendships and Celebrate with us.
The day includes:
11 :00 A.M.
- Procession led by the Knights of Columbus – Proceslon comenzando con los Caballeros de Colon
- Followed by the International Flags -Sequidos por las Banderas lnternacionales
- A concelebrated Mass with Rev. Andrew Mulcahey and Rev. Robert Camacho officiating. – Misa concelebrada por el Rev. Andrew Mulcahey V el Rev. Roberto Camacho
- Initiation of the Block Party – lnicio del Festival
- Introduction of Special Guests – lntroduccion de los lnvitados de Honor
- Reading of the Anniversary Proclamation Issued by Mayor David Kaptain on July 25, 2018. – Presentaclon de la Proclamacion del Aniversarlo promulgado por el Alcalde David Kaptain el 25 de Julio, 2018.
- Benediction by Rev. Andrew Mulcahey – Bendicion por el Rev. Andrew Mulcahey
- Lunch begins-with continuous entertainment – Comienzo de Comida y entretenimiento continuo
- Jaime Pantoja, Singing Group – Cantantes
- Ballet Folklorico Dancers
- Disc Jockey Greg – DJ Greg musica
- Announcement of location and schedule for children’s activities – Anuncio del area y horario de actividades para los nifios
- Announcement of Brick Sale – Anuncio de la Venta de Ladrillos
*The times shown from 12:30 P.M. on, are simply an approximation.
Grupo Folklorico Quetzel is a group of young people and adults who appreciate the international language of music with dance. The dancers are age five through high school who perform throughout the area and are recipients of First Place Awards in the Dance Specialty category from parades in Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, and Streamwood. The mission of this group is to keep alive not only the Latin American culture through folkloric, regional dances from Mexico and South America, but also, other cultures that make up the world. Their efforts strive to promote respect, acceptance, and appreciation of diversity that exists throughout our country and the world. The group organizer is Adelita Zeier.
You can read the article from The Observer of the Rockford Diocese here.
You can read the article from the Daily Herald here.